Sunday, December 1, 2013

Taking a Step Back...

Right now, I have six more pages to write for my 12-page paper that's due tomorrow. Tomorrow I need to meet with my classmate to prepare for a presentation Tuesday morning. I need to read two novels before Tuesday and come up with ideas for my final paper. Oh, and I have a short paper due Tuesday. And another one due Wednesday. A portfolio due Thursday.
    The point is, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the work I have to do within the next 48 hours.
    Someone on Facebook posted this gem in which an amateur photographer shot a panoramic view of the night sky. I randomly clicked it and as the night sky filled my screen, I felt so insignificant. All my worries seem so important now but I know that they'll pass and no one will remember them, not even me.
    Some people get depressed when confronted with the insignificance of their life, but these things serve to remind me how beautiful life is. It's so painfully short and filled with hard moments, but there are glimpses of happiness and hope that make me wonder what heaven will be like. Yes, things may suck now, but there's always something to look forward to. And we live in such a beautiful world. I'm lucky to be where I am, smack dab in the middle of an endless universe that's filled with stars. If you were to view the entire universe, I wouldn't even be a speck of dust. But I can see the stars from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment