Saturday, October 19, 2013

Myers-Briggs Personality Type


You know what's really popular? Myers-Briggs. Mention it in any social setting, and people will all start comparing their personality types, pulling up the test on their iPhones so that those who have never taken it before will be able to find out, then and there, who they really are.
    Do I sound a little sarcastic? I think the Myers-Briggs types are fascinating, and can hold some truth for many people. However, I don't like the idea of putting people into a box. Does knowing your personality type mean that others can get to know you just by reading your Myers-Briggs? What's the point of getting to know anyone, then? Every person is full of contradictions and nuances, which is why I'm a bit skeptical of set personality types.
    Today, I decided to take the test again. A few years ago, I took it and was an INFP. I've had people tell me that I'm probably extroverted, and recently I do find myself enjoying time with people more than spending time alone. OK, so these things change, right? I took it again, and got ESFP. After reading descriptions of INFP, ENFP, and ESFP, I've found that all three fit me in different ways.
    My conclusion? Myers-Briggs is fun, but not wholly accurate. People, stop taking the test so seriously.

Keep thinking,
Candy

0 comments:

Post a Comment