Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Goodbye Facebook

I've decided to deactivate my Facebook.
    As a college student, I've seen many friends deactivate their Facebook accounts, usually to waste less time. There seems to be some idea that Facebook is the reason why students don't study. I admit, there are some days when I spend hours on Facebook, but for some reason I don't buy into the idea that Facebook is why people refuse to study. It seems like too easy an answer.
    So why am I deactivating my Facebook? I've realized that Facebook was replacing real communication for me. Instead of asking people what they were doing, I'd see their mobile uploads. Also, I hate how Facebook seems informative, but distorts reality. For example, I see couples uploading pictures of cute lunch dates, only to find out that they're fighting constantly.
    In short, Facebook is deceiving. I would like to talk to people about their lives face to face, rather than comment on their wall with "let's catch up!" Time to turn my comments into real life actions.
    What do you think? Are we all better off without Facebook, or is it revolutionary?

Keep thinking,
Candy

2 comments:

  1. I understand why you deactivated your FB,
    I've noticed myself I am a lot less active
    than I was in the beginning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find myself using FB less and less.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete