Monday, September 30, 2013

Late Nights

My view from my chair
I like to stay up late, because at night everything becomes so quiet and solemn.
    Right now, I'm lacking in motivation to read for class tomorrow. It's one of those things that you know you should do, but you also know you'll do fine if you don't.
    It's hard to do work at night because I like to enjoy my nights. I like to listen to music (currently listening to Stwo's "Lovin U") and browse the Internet for interesting articles. I think I mostly enjoy being by myself. I love being with people, but I also enjoy my own company. I've never understood people that say they're bored alone, because I feel like you should be the most interesting person you know. A quote that stuck with me all throughout high school is from Oscar Wilde's Lady Windermere's Fan when Mr. Dumby says, "I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly." Seriously, you are the only one who knows yourself best, so why not take the time to get to know yourself a little better?
    In a completely non-narcissistic way, I love being by myself because I've learned to love myself. Yes, I have my flaws and insecurities, but I accept that I am a human being. And I am confident in my abilities and where I am right now. 
    See, these thoughts can only come in the dark of night. When it's morning, I'll probably read this and think I'm crazy.
    Jekyll and Hyde? Maybe.

Sweet dreams,
Candy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment