Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Little Things

Sometimes, I get carsick.
    It always happens on the way to Bailey Middle School. Today, the girl I tutor in reading decided to throw a temper tantrum. She has never acted out before, but today I got the privilege of being called a liar, among other things. It was not fun. In fact, I was terrified. How am I going to teach to kids that have behavioral issues?
    Needless to say, I was feeling pretty down on the car ride back to Vandy, also because on Thursdays I start my day at 7:30 AM and end at 7 PM. Thursdays are the longest days. After class, it was 7 PM when we started heading back to campus. I rolled down the window, stuck my hand out, and instantly felt happier and more optimistic. The radio was blaring a cheesy Demi Lovato song, the wind was rushing through my fingertips, and I had a perfect view of Nashville's skyline (see the picture above for a blurry pic shot with my iPhone).
    Exhilaration. It's the small things that get you through the week, and it's the small things I appreciate most from life.

Sweet dreams,
Candy

0 comments:

Post a Comment